Sunday, May 9, 2010

Who I'm Iz

A few details about Zenag...

1) I'm kind of a feminist; I hate when people live by their gender stereotypes. I hate it when girls say, "oh you should know that girls are too sensitive" and I hate it when boys say "All boys cheat, that's just how we are". Though I acknowledge the biologically different aspects of males and females, the socially formed differences annoy me.

2) I'm very close with my little brother; He's like a son to me and I get jealous when he gives more attention to someone else.

3) My mom is my best friend; I tell her almost everything.

4) When I have my own family, I don't want to live in one country for more than 10 years.

5) I'm going to be a doctor.

6) My ultimate goal is to be Minister of Health and it involves political ties; I used to promise myself I wouldn't get mixed in politics.

7) I don't want to work in a country that doesn't have free health care; I fear having to turn away the many patients that can't afford the ridiculous costs of healthcare.

8) Before becoming minister of health, I want to be a doctor without borders/ medicin sans frontieres in developing countries, especially Nigeria; It's volunteer so I don't have to worry about turning anyone away.

9) I sometimes have mental arguments about the ease/difficulty of being a mom and having a full time career.

10) I'm trying really hard to be close to God as possible; I tell him EVERYTHING and then he tells me he already knows and that things will be fine.

11) When I want something really bad, even if it's some as small as not having to pay my full Rogers bill or for heavy rain to stop, I ask God and he always says YES and then I get scared and cry a little, but it makes me love him more.

12) I love musicals, I'm in love with Dreamgirls, the movie; I've watched it so many times, I am no longer allowed to watch it in the vicinity of my mother.

13) My middle name is Agnes, yeah so what.

14) I'm probably the nicest person you will ever meet.

15) I love learning new things, no matter how trivial it may seem.

16) I had braces for 22 months and I don't regret it one bit. I love my teeth and teeth are very important to me in a partner. I will not date anyone with green teeth.

17) I am afraid of falling and never being able to stop.

18) My favorite book is The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.

19) If I had a superpower, it would be the ability to fly, that way I wouldn't have to wait in line in the airport.

20) I cry.

21) I like to surround myself with positive people and I do my best not to let a friend continue to be bad. I don't like to tell people, "Person X has negative personality Y" without also telling Person X to fix up.

22) I'm too insecure to become a housewife/ stay-at-home mom.

23) I have this feeling that I have to somehow stop being lazy and make a difference in someone's life-- a profound difference.

24) If you want to make me really happy, introduce me to Denzel Washington, Erykah Badu and Mr. Purple Rain himself, Prince.

25) I personify potholes. They look like wounds and I cringed each time I see one and shiver each time I drive through one.

26) Intellectual stimuli is extremely important to me, and if you can give me that, you've got a friend in me.


Until next time,

Zenag

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment